[Libreoffice] Comments on RC1 spell checking

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Dec 8 01:46:27 PST 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 10:37 +0100, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
> What about mac and windows users? Is Hunspell available for them as well?

This was about using spelling dictionaries that are already available on
the target platform. And Mac and Windows don't typically have hunspell
as their default system-wide/desktop-wide spelling infrastructure.

Though I believe that the LibreOffice mac version can use the MacOSX
spelling infrastructure already. There definitely is a
lingucomponent/source/spellcheck/macosxspell module anyway which suggest
that.

For windows I don't think there is an equivalent.

C.