[Libreoffice] Comments on RC1 spell checking

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Dec 8 01:57:51 PST 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 09:46 +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 10:37 +0100, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
> > What about mac and windows users? Is Hunspell available for them as well?
>
> This was about using spelling dictionaries that are already available on
> the target platform. And Mac and Windows don't typically have hunspell
> as their default system-wide/desktop-wide spelling infrastructure.
>
> Though I believe that the LibreOffice mac version can use the MacOSX
> spelling infrastructure already. There definitely is a
> lingucomponent/source/spellcheck/macosxspell module anyway which suggest
> that.
>
> For windows I don't think there is an equivalent.

To avoid confusion. I should point out that we of course *do* have a
spelling solution on all platforms. Where we have spelling dictionary
extensions with out built-in hunspell library to do spelling on all
platforms. All I'm talking about here is being able to use additional
fallback spelling solutions on platforms which provide (or sort of
provide) a standardized spelling infrastructure.

C.