[Libreoffice] Easter eggs, was: Re: Comments on RC1

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Wed Dec 8 03:09:58 PST 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 10:56 +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 07:51 -0200, Olivier Hallot wrote:
> > While we are here, I am happy to know we will one day remove our LO
> > easter eggs.
>
> Kill-joy.

	:-) agreed. The main problem, that I've seen with "easter eggs" is that
they have come to mean "security bugs" or "back doors" or "trojan
horses" in the literature. Perhaps we need to call them "embedded
interactivity extensions" which might be less frightning ;-)

	Presumably perhaps teachers are unhappy to find their kids playing
space-invaders instead of using calc - but then again, the embedded
games were -so- bad, I can't imagine anyone getting that addicted :-)

	Anyhow, as you say they are sadly gone I think,

	Olivier - what is the real problem with them out of interest ?

	Regards,

		Michael.