[Libreoffice] LibreOffice WikiHelp

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Wed Dec 8 05:48:16 PST 2010

Hi Miklos,

On 2010-12-07 at 22:21 +0100, Miklos Vajna wrote:

> > http://help.libreoffice.org is now up and running.  As explained above,
> > it is not open for public editing yet.
>
> I must miss something really trivial, but I do not see where to start
> reading. :) The only way to find pages from the main page is to use the
> Random page or Recent changes feature.
>
> Did I miss the point? :)

You did ;-)  The point is not to browse the help per se (even though it
can of course evolve into that), but the real usage is to hit F1 in
LibreOffice without a help installed, and you'll get _directly_ to the
right page - eg. if you navigate by keys in the File menu to 'Save
As...', and hit F1' you'll get directly to

http://help.libreoffice.org/Swriter/.uno:SaveAs

:-)

Similarly for the checkboxes/input fields/anything in the dialogs, or
wherever you can hit F1 and get some help.

Regards,
Kendy