[Libreoffice] Comments on RC1

Wed Dec 8 10:23:43 PST 2010

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 08:04:30 -0800 (PST), plino <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:
> No. LO is NOT working on it. This has been discussed on other topics since
> late Nov (Beta1 or 2)

Yes, they are. Michael Meeks disected the Windows installer and posted
information about it just recently. Stop pretending you know what
people do when you don't.

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/A-proposal-for-effective-volunteer-friendly-user-support-in-LibreOffice-td1954148i60.html#a1969084

I see a thread on the discuss at TDF mailing list (NOT the LO development
list) in which lots of people, but no code-contributing developer
participated. And from that you can deduce what people are actually
working on? Congratulation to your prophetic abilities!

> But now Sophie Gautier says exactly the same thing and everybody listens,
> but the reasoning is that "now is not a good time because we are already at
> RC1"

Perhaps because she said it in the developer list?

You did see the part by Michael about the correlation between whining
and the motivation to actually work on things?

> I have collaborated (and still do) on several open source projects. I know
> that. But sometimes provocation is the only way to get noticed and answered
> to...

And sometimes it is the only way to get into peoples virtual or physical
kill files. I know I stopped reading mails from you as the mostly
contained non-constructive whining, demanding and something that is very
close to insulting. If that is what you call collaborating...

> My contribution is helping others on the Users forum.

That is a great contribution and very welcome. Thank you.

> And I'm willing to report the bugs I find when a proper bug tracker is set
> up.

http://www.documentfoundation.org/develop/ has a whole section called
"Filing bugs"

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org contains a link to "Information about
reporting bugs" as the third sentence on the main page.

If there are better ways on how to link to the bug tracker, feel free to
suggest them.

Until then, I propose to bring constructive criticism rather than
insults (even if you'd call it provocation). It tends to win more
hearts.

Sebastian