[Libreoffice] Different x86 ABI on BSDs and MaxOSX

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Wed Dec 8 16:42:52 PST 2010

Hi Caolan,

On 2010-12-08 at 16:49 +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:

> So attached is my proposed change that would allow the testtools tests
> to run correctly during the build without being hacked out or disabled,
> which is rather important because if those tests fail it implies that
> the final LibreOffice has busted UNO and will fail in strange and
> wonderful ways.

I've checked the ABI also in here:

http://agner.org./optimize/calling_conventions.pdf

and from what I see on page 19, it seems to me that *BSD defaults to the
'fastcall' variant, right?  The table suggests that the small structs
that combine int and float are returned on stack, but it seems to me
that your patch does not handle that; or am I wrong? :-)

Thank you,
Kendy