[Libreoffice] Base - sqlite - licence grief

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Thu Dec 9 16:40:51 PST 2010

On 09/12/10 19:26, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Wols,
>
> On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 19:07 +0000, Wols Lists wrote:
>> I've downloaded the old sqlite driver, which is copyright Sun LGPL 2.1.
> 	Oh - shame :-) I wonder if there is a newer copy of it in the repos.

I just followed the links, and that's where I ended up. I guess they
stopped maintaining it when they decided to go with hsqldb :-(

>> NB - "Please check with the author(s) that they agree with upgrading the
>> license to LGPL3, and change the license accondingly."
>> c/accondingly/accordingly/ :-)
> 	Well - we already have LGPLv2.1 code included in the form of libwpd
> etc. so I don't think this is a huge issue.
>
> 	I would fix the tabs, (and also remove space at end of lines), and
> force commit it (personally). We should check that the LGPLv2.1 is
> included in the LICENSE.odt / LICENSE files in readlicense_oo as well.

Is that just a -f option on the commit, or is there more to it? I
suspect it's a hook interfering with the commit, and I don't know my way
round git well enough to know for certain how to override it :-)

Cheers,
Wol