[Libreoffice] Build on MacOSX : Requirement for hunspell

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 10 05:35:00 PST 2010

Hi Norbert, *,

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 5:24 AM, Christian Lohmaier
> <lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> [...]
>> Only if (and *only*) if you build mozilla from source, you need
>> libIDL, glib2 and gettext in addition (and pkg-config for not having
>> to specify lots of enviornment variables when building those extra
>> deps).
>
> An to build these, you need a recent 'autoconf, automake or whatever'

No. You don't. Release tarballs don't require you to run autoconf or
automake to begin with.
And even if it would be required, the autoconf/automake already
provided by XCode would be enough.

>> so ./configure --prefix=/my/seamonkeydepsdir/ && make && make install
>> for those abovementioned requirements is enough.  (and setting
>> PKG_CONFIG=/my/seamonkeydepsdir/bin/pkg-config)
>
> Actually that should  not be needed anymore. we deliver a m4 macros
> for mac to circumvent the need for pkg-config

I know, I wrote that patch :-))

But it is still necessary to compile the requirements to compile
mozilla/seamonkey from scratch.
That is not covered by LO autogen/configure (yet)

And when you don't install PKG_CONFIG for those, you have to provide
the corresponding environment variables with the corresponding flags,
thus pkg-config is just for convenience.

ciao
Christian