[Libreoffice] README translation for 3.3

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 11:59:44 PST 2010

2010/12/10 Thorsten Behrens <thb at documentfoundation.org>:
> Andras Timar wrote:
>> By the way, README was updated several times lately but it was not
>> offered for localization. The extra lo-build.sdf/.pot does not contain
>> these new/changed strings. I think if we had everything updated, these
>> issues would be resolved automatically.
>>
> Hi Andras,
>
> so that was me - sorry, am not too familiar with the l10n process -
> what should I have done?

Hi Thorsten,

- you should have used unique paragraph IDs (I'll send a patch soon)
- and you should have announced the changes to the l10n people (I
think you made the changes after the string freeze)

However, I don't think we can learn much from this case, because
LibreOffice 3.3 is special. The localization process of LibreOffice
Next will be easier or I would say there will be a process
(hopefully), not only ad-hoc solutions. I'll start a new thread on
this.

Cheers,
Andras