[Libreoffice] Build on MacOSX : Requirement for hunspell

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 10 18:40:09 PST 2010

Hi Alexander,

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 6:06 PM, Alexander Thurgood
<alex.thurgood at gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 10/12/10 17:00, Christian Lohmaier a écrit :
>
>> Manually fiddling is only necessary when you already did fiddle :-)
>>
> Uh oh :-) I haven't done anything other than install all those deps as
> outlined in the wiki,

That is already fiddling unfortunately.

Plain Mac OSX with XCode, no external stuff is easiest to get started,
use --disable-mozilla and off you go.

> and then put /usr/local/bin as first entry in my
> path (because otherwise automake wouldn't play nicely with autoconf).

See above/the other posts. The requirement for external
autoconf/automake surely are wrong, as is the one for hunspell and
coreutils. wget and Archive::Zip again definitely are wrong. Java
Developer Package: No idea what is meant here, but unneccessary
anyway. You got a suitable JDK already on Mac.
pkgconfig is arguable, as it's handy when compiling mozilla from
scratch, as is libIDL.

>> I myself have a directory in my $PATH where I have symlinks to ccache
>> for the compilers - maybe you got something similar but miss the
>> corresponding links for gcc-4.0, etc?
>
> I haven't installed ccache yet.

You should - greatly helps to reduce buildtime, but use the current
version (It got a new maintainer lately and has made some nice
progress compared to the 2.4 release)

> I remember I had it on my old Tiger
> machine, but I don't recall it being such a hair-tearing experience :-()

Again: Building on Mac is easy when you got a clean system. The more
external stuff you add, the more difficult it gets to build,
especially as LO is compiled against the 10.4uSDK, and most/all of the
external stuff is not...

ciao
Christian