[Libreoffice] [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Embedded parts and wikihelp/HC2

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Thu Dec 16 10:01:07 PST 2010

Hi Martin,

On 2010-12-16 at 17:58 +0100, Martin Srebotnjak wrote:

> > This is the wikihelp that will be available only in en_US, HC2 will be
> > available in all language has helppacks. What we call online help is a bit
> > confusing as it was the help files available with the OOo/LO version. Lets
> > speak about HC2 for the local files and wikihelp for the files on the wiki.
> >
> Sophie, I understand that. But out of the box, installing the international
> package, not being aware that localized help is not included, and setting
> interface language to lets say French will render GUI in French. And then
> that user will press F1 on an GUI item and get - English wiki help. Is that
> OK? How will you tell all French potential users of LO that they MUST
> install the HC2 localized help separately, otherwise they will use a
> non-approved French version?

We can easily show a suggestion to download a localized version of the
help on each and every page, if the language is not en_US.  With your
help (the l10n team), this can be even shown in the native language of
the user, with a direct link to the download location.  How does that
sound?

Regards,
Kendy