[Libreoffice] [Windows] Executable name and file association

Jesús Corrius jesus at softcatala.org
Mon Dec 20 06:48:09 PST 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 3:30 PM, plino <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:

> I apologize for insisting on this one.
>
> Personally I have renamed the 6 program files to l*.exe (soffice.exe can not
> be renamed) and I haven't found any problems.
>
> This allows me to associate and open files with both OpenOffice and
> LibreOffice.

I don't know why I should explain the same thing again and again. File
association has nothing to do with the file names, as the full path is
used, so it doesn't matter if the executables have the same name. If
LibreOffice doesn't appear in the Open With context menu it means
there's a bug in the merge of SupportedTypes into the Windows
registry, but it has nothing to do with the fact that the executables
have the same name.

Last saturday I installed both OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice in a
clean virtual machine with Windows XP and both entries appeared in the
"Open With" menú.

Having said that, I am not against renaming the executables.

--
Jesús Corrius <jesus at softcatala.org>
Document Foundation founding member