[Libreoffice] Better wording for 'Update links' question

Olivier Hallot olivier.hallot at documentfoundation.org
Tue Dec 21 17:14:46 PST 2010

Hi

Em 21-12-2010 20:03, Christoph Noack escreveu:
> Hi Kohei!
>
> Am Dienstag, den 21.12.2010, 14:24 -0500 schrieb Kohei Yoshida:
>>> Given this, I don't know what the better wording would be.  Updating
>> all
>>> links basically tries to fetch the latest content from the
>> respective
>>> link sources, or else the app would show data from its own cache
>> which
>>> is normally stored with the document, and may be outdated.
>>
>> How about this?
>>
>> "This document contains one or more links to external data.  Would you
>> like to update all links to get the most recent data?
>>
>> Go to Edit - Links... to find out what external data this document
>> references."
>
> Much, much better! Is another iterative proposal okay? Assuming that we
> might use "self-explanatory" buttons ... and that I need somebody who
> resolves the "non-native speaker language issues" ;-)
>
> ----
> Update Linked Data
> ----
> This document links to external data that might have changed. Would you
> like to update all linked data or keep the current document content?
> ----
> [Help]		[Update] [Keep]
> ----
>
> By the way, another item that might greatly benefit when using non-modal
> messages ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Christoph

As translator I have the UI pretty much in my mind. If I recall, the
style form "Would you like to..." is extremely rare in the UI, and "Do
you want to..." almost used in every case like this.

My 2 cents for keeping the UI style uniform.

--
Olivier Hallot
Founder, Steering Commitee Member - The Document Foundation