[Libreoffice] format inspector (Was : Re: sw: numbering misbehaviour)

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Wed Dec 22 16:30:59 PST 2010

On 23/12/10 00:07, Philipp Weissenbacher wrote:
> May I point you to the crazy idea "Add WordPerfect features like
> RevealCodes and HiddenText" [1]

Actually, it was me that added that to the wiki page :-)

> Also see the therein referenced OOo bug. It's been requested in 2002
> and always dismissed with the answer "learn to use styles" *sigh*.

But I didn't know about that OOo bug. I'll need to learn styles, but
yes, *me* learning styles is totally useless when it's *someone* *else*
who's messed up *their* document (and expects me to fix it for them).

Plus, I expect I may well soon be teaching people to word process. I
shall almost certainly be running WordPerfect under Wine, and making
them use reveal codes. Yep - WordPerfect 6.1 for Win 3.1, but imho the
pre-Corel-rewrite versions of WP are pretty much the best word processor
ever :-)

> Just my 2 cents.

And my tuppence.

Cheers,