[Libreoffice] How to Update the Downloaded Source?

Octavio Alvarez alvarezp at alvarezp.ods.org
Fri Dec 24 21:47:17 PST 2010

Cc-ing the list again. Please keep messages posted to the list.

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 21:38:33 -0800, imacat <imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw>
wrote:

> Octavio Alvarez said:
>> On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 19:52:51 -0800, imacat <imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw>
>> wrote:
>>> % bin/ooinstall
>> I suggest "make dev-install" instead. Your install gets symlinked and
>> you
>> don't have to reinstall after each compile.
>
>     Oh, I see.  By the way, why "make install" does not work?  Is it in
> the to-do list, or is it to be removed?

No. You may use it if you want. I was just suggesting make dev-install
for a development environment.

>>>     But how can I update the downloaded source?  Do I need to download
>>> all the 4.4GB source whenever I want to update it?
>> ./g pull
>
>     But there is no such "./g".  Also, the source root is not a git
> repository, too.  Did I missed something?

When you cloned the bootstrap repository you get ./g. May be you did
something in a wrong way. Cloning bootstrap is the very first step.

You will get a "bootstrap" directory. I did this under $HOME:

mkdir src
cd src
mkdir libreoffice
cd libreoffice
git clone ... blah blah blah/bootstrap
cd bootstrap

You end up with $HOME/src/libreoffice/bootstrap/ under which is ./g

>>>     And also, how do I know the revision number of the downloaded
>>> source?
>> You might want to try ./g log, which will give you the last commit
>> for each repo.
>
>     But, again, there is no "./g" to run. ^^;

Same as above. If you don't have ./g you did something wrong.

--
Octavio.

Twitter: @alvarezp2000 -- Identi.ca: @alvarezp