[Libreoffice] Formula cursor : bug or feature ?

Jonas Finnemann Jensen jopsen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 07:20:34 PST 2010

Hi,

If you have enabled visual formula editing (The  "Enable experimental
(unstable) features" checkbox).
Then the cursor should act more like MathType etc... e.g. like a
WYSIWYG editor...
It's demonstrated here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3foNqKYAlYY

If the formula is flickering when you move the cursor or edit the
formula using the visual cursor, that is a known issue...
It's because the formula editor isn't double buffered...

> I never had problem with the cursor formula in OOo.
The visual formula editor is a move towards something more user
friendly like MathType.
You'll still be able to write the formulas using the command text
interface. But the formula cursor will not
be rectangular anymore... And at the moment it will not synchronize
it's position with the command text interface cursor.

--
Regards Jonas Finnemann Jensen.