[Libreoffice] Formula cursor : bug or feature ?

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbf.faure at orange.fr
Wed Dec 29 12:11:33 PST 2010

Le 29/12/2010 20:06, Jonas Finnemann Jensen a écrit :
> [...]
> If you disable experimental features, everything is back to normal.
> And position and selection synchronization "can" be fixed before this
> feature is enabled by default...
> Assuming someone cares to implement it... and you're are welcome to
> step up to the plate :)
I strongly disagree : it is you who must not to destroy what is working
very well.
If you need to remove cursor formula feature to implement your visual
editor, that proves there is some defect in your implementation.
Please, do not tell we do not need this feature when you do not know how
to implement your visual editor without destroying it.
> I hope we can agree that a visual editor, where the old command text
> interface is still available, is a good idea... And a great
> improvement to many users... Especially those migrating from Microsoft
> Office.
Not sure: you seem to be assuming that users migrating from MS-Office do
that only because LibO is free. It is not what I see around me. Many
users, scientists, students, are leaving MS-Word because it does not
work well enough, especially the MathType module bundled with MSO. They
are ready to use Latex instead of LibO...

Best regards.
JBF