[Libreoffice] Allow Admins to Hide "Enable experimental features"

Olivier Hallot olivier.hallot at documentfoundation.org
Wed Dec 29 16:13:41 PST 2010

Hello friends

*If* this has not yet been done, I have a request make the "Enable
experimental (unstable) features" hideable from the UI, possibly thru an
XCU configuration file. I can open a bug for the records, just let me know.

Motivation: In large deployments with tight IT control such option as a
source of troubles for the help desk, where software stability is a
must. This option can spark user curiosity and he/she may break the
installation by ill-behaved (unstable) features.

I am not asking to remove this option from the code, but just give a way
to deploy LibreOffice with this option out of the reach of the end user.
The configuration can even keep the option visible by default, but
should let us/admins hide it.

Thank you
--
Olivier Hallot
Founder, Steering Commitee Member - The Document Foundation