[Libreoffice] Formula cursor : bug or feature ?

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Wed Dec 29 16:14:18 PST 2010

Hi,

Jean-Baptiste Faure schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Le 29/12/2010 23:59, Jonas Finnemann Jensen a écrit :
>>> If you need to remove cursor formula feature to implement your visual
>>> editor, that proves there is some defect in your implementation.
>>> Please, do not tell we do not need this feature when you do not know how
>>> to implement your visual editor without destroying it.
>> As I said position and selection synchronization between the two
>> editors is possible.
>> But it's not a priority of mine, fixing current bugs in the visual editor is :)
> If visual editor remove cursors synchronization (formula cursor), it is
> a bug.

+1

>> Note: That the visual editor is still an experimental feature, and not
>> enabled by default!
>> If the visual editor causes regressions in a magnitude worth talking
>> about we can take that discussion when it's declared stable...
> I prefer to alert you before...

+1

[..)
> For me the current formula editor is already easy-to-use. However it
> will be more easy to use if the command window was able to show the
> complementary braket or brace. It would be very useful when you have
> complex formulas with several levels of group brakets to write.

That would be great indeed.

My additional wish for the editor is an insert special character dialog.
The workaround with copying from Writer is cumbersome.

(Aside from that I have a lot of other wishes, for example: Free choice
of color, nice scaling integral sign, easier way to add new symbols,
alignment to equal sign in stacks and matrices, inheritance of font size
from environment or style.)

Kind regards
Regina