[Libreoffice] online registration menu element -> 404

Bernhard Dippold bernhard at familie-dippold.at
Wed Dec 29 17:16:57 PST 2010

Hi Kendy, all

Jan Holesovsky schrieb:
> [...]
>
> But how exactly do you mean it with enabling the online registration
> menu - by an user action, or during the build?  I'd say the best thing
> would be to get rid of that completely, and remove all the related
> code...

I don't know how much code will have to be touched to completely get rid
of that feature.

But there already has been a thread on the marketing list (IIRC) asking
for an improved user feedback in future - probably quite helpful for
marketing and UX. If such a feature can be based on the present code, I
don't know if it is reasonable to remove it completely.

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: Every information sent from the user to any external instance will
have to be approved by the user - nobody on our lists expressed an
opinion towards "calling home" silently.