[Libreoffice] Formula cursor : bug or feature ?

Jonas Finnemann Jensen jopsen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 03:24:05 PST 2010

@Jan
> Do we have it among the Easy Hacks?  If not yet - can you please add it
> there? :-)
It has been sitting on my todo... But I'll add it as an easy hack...

@JBF
> For that you need to design your visual editor to allow the possibility
> to write formulas without using the mouse. For example it would be nice
> to write sqrt{} in the formula and obtain a square root.
In the long run I'm hoping that will be possible...
(but it's still only on my wish-list, fixing current bugs with the
visual editor is my main priority).

>> By the way, do you totally discard the need for an easy-to-use formula editor ?
> No. But what do you mean by "easy-to-use formula editor" ?
A WYSIWYG solution, similar to MathType, MathCad, LyX, kFormula,
etc... i.e. something most people can use without training...

With regards to all the other wishes... then there sure is a lot of
things that could be improved in starmath... I'm just working on what
I think will attract more users... And I'm sure that it can be done
without alienating the current user base :)

--
Regards Jonas Finnemann Jensen.