[Libreoffice] Building on CentOS 5

Terrell Prude' Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Mon Nov 1 16:06:55 PDT 2010

Wols Lists wrote:
> On 01/11/10 05:03, Terrell Prude' Jr. wrote:
>
>> There is also one I'm not sure how to satisfy within CentOS 5's
>> packaging.  This would be Qt4.  Here are the messages from make.
>>
>>  checking which jfreereport libs to use... internal
>>  checking for jfreereport module... OK
>>  checking which Apache commons-* libs to use... internal
>>  checking for Qt4 headers... no
>>  configure: error: Qt4 headers not found.  Please specify the root of
>> your Qt4 installation by exporting QT4DIR before running "configure".
>>  make: *** [stamp/build] Error 1
>>  [microman at multimedia01 build]$
>>

> The way the build system handles Qt at the moment is an (excuse my
> french) nightmare.
>
> While it uses pkg-config to detect gtk, it used to just assume Qt3 was
> present. Seeing as that's not true on most recent distros, it's just
> been "fixed" to assume Qt4 is present. Which is just as f'ing stupid,
> but stands a far better chance of being true.
>
> When I've deciphered how pkg-config and Qt interact (which is my current
> project :-) the build system should correctly detect Qt4 and behave
> accordingly. Seeing as I haven't got Qt3 on my system, someone else will
> have to fix that should they wish that to work properly. Or I'll just
> delete Qt3 support :-) but that'll probably evoke a few howls of protest :-)

Yes, it would, and I'd be one of the howlers! You'd be surprised at how
many RHEL/CentOS boxes running the stock KDE 3.5 are used as desktops.
If Kubuntu doesn't make sense for a given deployment, and that happens
at times, I then call for CentOS 5.

Perhaps a specific command switch ("--enable-kde3") might do the trick?

--TP