[Libreoffice] LibreOffice and Java

Wed Nov 3 06:59:01 PDT 2010

On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 07:50:08 -0600, "Tor Lillqvist" wrote:
> Another even wilder idea would be to translate the Java bytecode to .NET bytecode for the Windows case... There are some tools, more or less experimental, for this, aren't there? Would it not be better to just require the .NET framework on Windows than to require a JRE? And please note again that I am meaning this just for Windows.

Well, there is a mono bridge for Linux, right? So .NET should/could also
work? Rather than clumsily trying to convert Java->.net/mono I would
rather allow to have people write in those languages in the first place.

Those who don't like the languages can still code in VBA/python/ (or LUA
if that goes in).

Sebastian