[Libreoffice] LibreOffice and Java

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Nov 3 07:06:52 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 14:30 +0100, Cedric Bosdonnat wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 12:47 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > 	Quite; cf. such uncertainty - it probably makes considerable sense to
> > look into a migration strategy from Java to (insert anything else). Some
> > candidates might be python for the more scripty pieces (though I hate
> > non-typed languages), and/or native C++.
>
> What about the existing Java extensions? Quite a lot of people are using
> Java to either writer extensions or use UNO Java bridge from an external
> application.

Its not, at least that's my understanding, about removing the java-uno
bridge, or removing the *ability* to support Java. Its the thought to
consider not defaulting to *require* Java for the built-in bits, which
probably mostly boils down to defaulting base to a different backend for
file based databases and a redo an occasional wizard here and there.

C.