[Libreoffice] Styles and Formatting

Cedric Bosdonnat cedric.bosdonnat.ooo at free.fr
Thu Nov 4 01:43:41 PDT 2010

Hi Cor,

On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 20:17 +0100, Cor Nouws wrote:
> My experience with users is, that they are often overwhelmed by the
> number of available styles.
> So Hierarchical as default would not be my choice.
> Default is more then enough.

Ok, then we need to fix that before pushing the patch.

> (Now we are at it, in Writer the Default view does not show custom
> styles... )

Let's see that after the patch in integrated ;)

> > Should we enhance the filters values to make it configurable for the
> > different apps?
>
> You mean that a choice in Calc is independent from a choice in Writer
> etc?  Hmm that already is the case. So I don't yet understand this.

I mean that it's currently the same code that handles this dialog for
all the applications. The side effect is that if you want the default
value to be "Automatic" for Writer and "All styles" for the other apps,
then you have to use dark magic... and that magic is currently causing
the bug we are trying to fix ;)

Regards,

--
Cédric Bosdonnat