[Libreoffice] Building on Debian squeeze

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Thu Nov 4 11:19:15 PDT 2010

On 04/11/10 18:09, Takeshi Abe wrote:
>> However the page does recommend
>> >
>> > "./autogen.sh ... --without-junit ..."
>> >
>> > which would avoid the need for junit4, but I'm not exactly sure why that
>> > line is the recommended one. Perhaps because junit isn't universally
>> > packaged across all distributions ? Or maybe some other reason.
> I'm neither sure, but junit4 is also available on sid, lenny, marverick,
> lucid, karmic etc. We should note that it can be confusing that at the
> same time there is the JUnit 3.x's package named just "junit".

Is this another of those "kde3 is called kde, kde4 is called kde4" things?

The reason the page - so often - recommends "--without-junit" is it
keeps on breaking builds. If junit(3) has been replaced by junit4 that
would explain things!

If anyone knows and can give me a bit more detail, that'll go on my todo
list :-) but at present I don't have a clue what junit and junit4 are.

Cheers,
Wol