[Libreoffice] [PUSHED, partial] Re: [Patch] German Translation and dev-install build improvement

surenspost at gmail.com surenspost at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 07:49:41 PDT 2010

Hey Caolan,

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Caolán McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 22:22 +0530, surenspost at gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just resending the patches with the suggested changes from other mailing threads
>>
>> Patch 1 : German Translation of comments in writer
>
> So, catch is that there was a few other changes made in the meantime to
> that file so it doesn't fully apply.
>
> Like we talked out in IRC there are a few other gotchas in there as well
> wrt. the comments falling out of sync and ending commenting the next
> entry down. And there's a fair bit of machine generated English in there
> which I can't make head or tail of :-). So I've pushed what applied and
> what made sense to me.

Sorry for the machine translation part., there were quite a large
volume of german comments in my defense ;) I will review the file once
again and make manual translations where ever possible. Thanks once
again for the awesome support :)

>> Patch 2 : make dev-install fails when run the second time (happens so
>> in Ubuntu). The patch I have provided is platform independent and have
>> tested in Ubuntu to work fine.
>
> Should the test for a dir be *before* the test for existence, i.e. like
> so...
>
> if(-e "$destdir$destination") {
>    #printf "Deleting already present file $destdir$destination from
> previous builds\n";
>    unlink "$destdir$destination";
> }
> if(-d  "$destdir$destination"){
>    #printf "Deleting already present Directory $destdir$destination
> from previous builds\n";
>    rmree("$destdir$destination");
> }
>
> C.

Updated the second patch and tested it.( Also as an off note, to be
noted is through out "make dev-install" the directory check condition
is not satisfied at all.)

Thanks to Sebastian also for the help :)

--
regards
Suren