[Libreoffice] Problem with sal/cppunittester

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Fri Nov 5 11:49:07 PDT 2010

Just (yet again :-) done a completely fresh download of libreoffice,
type "make", and I get the following fail :-(

I'll investigate further, but has somebody just committed a change and
broken it?

Cheers,
Wol

Entering /home/anthony/gitstuff/loffice/rawbuild/sal/cpprt

Making:    all_salcpprt.dpslo
Compiling: SAL/cpprt/operators_new_delete.cxx
Making:    salcpprt.lib
Making:    libsalcpprt.a
ar: creating ../unxlngx6.pro/lib/libsalcpprt.a
Making:    all_salcpprt.dpslo

Entering /home/anthony/gitstuff/loffice/rawbuild/sal/cppunittester

Making:    all_cppunittester.dpobj
Compiling: sal/cppunittester/cppunittester.cxx
Making:    cppunittester.lib
Making:    cppunittester
unx
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld:
cannot find -lcppunit
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../unxlngx6.pro/bin/cppunittester'

        Oh dear - something failed during the build - sorry !
  For more help with debugging build errors, please see the section in:
            http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development

 it seems that the error is inside 'sal', please re-run build
 inside this module to isolate the error and/or test your fix:

/bin/bash
cd /home/anthony/gitstuff/loffice/build/libreoffice-3.2.99.2
source ./LinuxX86-64Env.Set.sh
cd sal
build

when the problem is isolated and fixed exit and re-run 'make' from the
top-level
sometimes (sadly) it is necessary to rm -Rf unxlngx6.pro in a module.
anthony at ashdown ~/gitstuff/loffice/rawbuild/sal $