[Libreoffice] Icon/Image cleanup

Joseph Powers jpowers27 at cox.net
Wed Nov 10 18:31:02 PST 2010

On Nov 10, 2010, at 4:43 PM, Jan Holesovsky wrote:

> Hi Joseph,
>
> Michael Meeks píše v St 10. 11. 2010 v 09:20 +0000:
>
>>> Ok, I went ahead and did some high-contrast cleanup work on libs-core.
>>> I was able to delete massive amounts of code and configuration items.
>>> The main issue I'm having is the masking:
>>
>> 	Just got back, and started reading your patches; this is some really
>> nice work :-) I love deleting huge gobs of mostly pointless code -
>> that's great fun.
>
> Let me just double what Michael says - great stuff, thank you for that!
>
>>> I haven't played with the icons/images yet. That'll take work trying
>>> to figure out the build system (any volunteers?) So far, I've removed
>>> references for the following items:
>>
>> 	Oh - great list; I'll try to put some time this week into prodding
>> the icon theme building code so we can start actually removing these from
>> the default_images directly, and move them into a separate
>> high-contrast theme one by one as we remove the need for them.
>
> The HC icon theme (images_hicontrast.zip) is actually generated from the
> default_images using solenv/bin/hicontrast-to-theme.pl; I suppose we
> could just run that script with slight modifications to actually git rm
> on the HC icons in default_images, an git add them in the new location?
> Or anything more is missing there?
>
> Regards,
> Kendy

I have a script that generates the hicontrast theme with out the _h variants. The reason I haven't touched the icons yet is for safety reason.

1. If I generate the high-contrast theme, we'd still need to add the _h variants until the code is full removed.
2. I'd need to change the current build scripts to stop generating the high-contrast.
3. I'd need to modify the build scripts to package the now pre-existing high-contrast theme.

Most of the above isn't an big issue. It's just that I'm not even halfway through removing the HC code. And since we've had all the extra icons for years; whats another month or so.

Joe P.