[Libreoffice] Suggestion needed for External Edit functionality.

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Fri Nov 12 15:27:51 PST 2010

surenspost at gmail.com wrote:
> 2) The thread is not blocking as expected when osl_ExecuteProcess is
> called and since it does not block, no other threads get executed. So
> back to the problem of LO window hanging up. Probably I am using a
> wrong osl_ProcessOption ?

Hi Suren,

meh, that's my bad - indeed, the osl functions don't block. Just
move osl_joinProcess(pProcess) into the pWorker function, and let
that one block (it's a separate thread, so no prob). The event then
can just contain the name of the temp file, that needs loading.

> PS: The LGPL License in the file I had mentioned was copied from a
> file in a folder to where this file should go. Please suggest the
> proper license to be used for patches :)

If you copy code from other files, that header is correct (you may
add "Portions copyright Suren <email>, licensed under LGPLv3+ / MPL
1.1" there). If it's all your code, please use this template:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/LibreOffice/LicenseHeader

Cheers,

-- Thorsten