[Libreoffice] compile-time trickery to detect misuse of SAL_N_ELEMENTS, RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM, etc.

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Sat Nov 13 12:28:41 PST 2010

On Sat, 2010-11-13 at 00:19 +0100, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> Caolan McNamara wrote:
> > So, with a bit more poking around I discovered the template trick to
> > force a compile time error if the argument is not an array, and to
> > calculate at compile time the length of the array.
> >
> Clever hack! :)
>
> Along those lines, any reason not to use boost in sal / udk? I've a
> nice thing or two shelved that was blocked on that OOo policy...

We have map files to limit what symbols are exported, so we should be ok
to use boost in the headers without accidentally changing the ABI
depending on what boost gets used, or when boost gets updated, modified.
So I can't think of a particular reason against it.

Was there a policy against using boost in sal/cppu/etc ?

C.