[Libreoffice] Calc usability improvements

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Mon Nov 15 06:47:25 PST 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 17:21 -0800, Patrick Bakker wrote:
> COPY & PASTE TO A CELL WITH AN EXISTING VALUE
>
> The first time I copy and pasted a cell formula into another cell
> which already had something in it a dialog came up asking something
> like "This cell already has a value. Are you sure you want to do copy
> a new value in?" EXTREMELY annoying.

So, just to summarize this thread, we have three possible options for
this:

1) no changes,
2) change the polarity of the current dialog so that the user *unchecks*
the check box to dismiss future popups of the dialog, or
3) remove this entirely.

And based on how I read all the inputs on this thread, 2) is the
preferred solution by the vast majority of people.

Is this a fair assessment?  If so, I'd say let's make this change on the
master branch.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc