[Libreoffice] pngslim in ODF

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Nov 16 06:07:55 PST 2010

Hi Kami,

On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 16:24 +0100, Kálmán „KAMI” Szalai wrote:
> Can we use pngslim in ODF files? I saw the great trick with icons, can
> we follow with documents?

	That is an interesting idea :-) I suspect there are some benefits to
retaining PNGs in the format that they were originally imported in (in
case we mangle the format somehow); at least I hope we do that
currently.

	Having said that - there are some obvious wins: such as throwing away
data hidden behind transparent alpha that we could perhaps do. Perhaps
we should dig out some code pointers to make that a good easy task :-)

	Thanks,

		Michael.