[Libreoffice] Problem building sw (writer) in debug mode under Linux

Giuseppe Castagno giuseppe.castagno at acca-esse.eu
Tue Nov 16 07:01:03 PST 2010

Tor Lillqvist wrote:
>> Now what it's the right flag to use to surround a debug specific code:
>> OSL_DEBUG_LEVEL > 1 or DBG_UTIL ?
>
> I recently did a build with --enable-dbgutil so that it would use the debugging C++ library on Windows. (As such that was mostly useless, it didn't help me find the cause of the problem I was seeing.)
>
> (I did not use --enable-debug or any debug=x options to individual build commands, which would have set OSL_DEBUG_LEVEL, too.)
>
> That build revealed several places in the code where as far as I could see there was a mixup between these two things and I got compilation errors. I fixed things up so that my --enable-dbgutil build compiled and linked. But it is entirely possible that this then broken stuff for a build with just --enable-debug or debug=true but not --enable-dbgutil.
>
>> I confess I'm a little confused :-).
>
> So am I, and disgusted. I am not sure at all that we really want to keep this distinction between --enable-dbgutil and --enable-debug (and then there is also --enable-symbols) in LibreOffice. Nobody understands it.

Due to the fact I need sw entirely build for debug, I'm revising part of
the sw module, in order to use OSL_DEBUG_LEVEL, to realign the code to
what you and some other developer did.

So using debug=true on the command line should do the trick.
At the same time, on the build command line you can specify the
corresponding debug level with dbglevel=n, where n is the number that
end up into OSL_DEBUG_LEVEL, giving you some different level of
debug-compiling-code.

beppec56.

--
Kind Regards,