[Libreoffice] use dbglevel=1 for --enable-debug builds?

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Thu Nov 18 04:01:42 PST 2010

Hi all,

currently, configuring with --enable-debug means that dbglevel is set to
2, which in turns means that OSL_DEBUG_LEVEL is set to 2. This enables
all the OSL_ debugging stuff there is (well, maybe there is some really
rare stuff that is only enabled for OSL_DEBUG_LEVEL > 2, but I don't
know about any), which spews unbelievable amount of stuff on stdout.

If we used dbglevel=1 as default, only assertions would be enabled and
the output would be much more manageable (practically nonexistent in
most cases, from my experience). My hope is that more devs would just be
configuring with --enable-debug and using/fixing assertions. The full
debug build would still be easily available: one would just run
build -- dbglevel=2 in the desired module similarly as one runs
build -- debug=true today.