[Libreoffice] STAR_RESOURCEPATH env variable

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Nov 18 11:50:01 PST 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-18 at 15:32 +0100, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> in /libs-gui/tools/source/rc/resmgr.cxx we load resource files either
> from "$OOO_BASE_DIR/program/resource" or from the path specified in the
> env variable STAR_RESOURCEPATH. Is it save to assume that this is a
> historical leftover that I can delete?

	This is used by 'ooenv':

export STAR_RESOURCEPATH=`pwd`/../basis-link/program/resource

	to locate resource files when all the relevant libraries are 'linkoo'd
into various random places no-where near the rest of the tree.

	Of course, we could/should probably use a better environment variable
name to point to the installation base path instead (that would be more
generic than just for resources), but ... it is used.

	HTH,

		Michael.