[Libreoffice] binfilter RTL easy hack

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Thu Nov 18 13:24:06 PST 2010

At 3:18pm -0500 Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Caolán Mcnamara wrote:
> As an aside, for the empty OUString::createFromAscii("") case its
> probably best just to swap with OUString(), so I did that for the
> two cases.

Doh!  Totally forgot about those.  I even /searched/ for, and found 'em,
but got distracted at the wrong moment.  *This* is why it's a group
effort, right?  ;-)  Thanks for catching those.

> We'd probably get the biggest outcome from these efforts (approx
> 2-3% fast string construction time from my rough and ready
> measurements) by converting the lower level most used stuff in e.g.
> tools and svtools.

That's what I was figuring, and I realized that no one had yet tackled
binfilter.  (What're your rough-'n'ready measurements?)

On this note, is there any plan of attack in terms of decoupling
components and thinking at a higher-level in terms algorithms and data
storage/manipulation?

Thanks,

Kevin