[Libreoffice] Disable GCC optimizations when building with --enable-symbols

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Thu Nov 18 17:57:25 PST 2010

Hi Wol,

On 2010-11-18 at 11:29 +0000, Wols Lists wrote:

> > So, I think that it should default to -O2 on a normal build, and to
> > -O0 when using --enable-symbols. Don't see the point of using
> > optimizations when building a version for debugging purposes.
>
> What if it's the optimisation that introduces the bug?

We've had such already, and when debugging that, the use of the
configure switches is the smallest problem you have ;-) - you have to do
much more magic to be able to isolate the problem (eg. compile part of
the file with -O0 and the other part with -O<whatyouaredebugging>),
instead of relying on the configure switches.

Regards,
Kendy