[Libreoffice] RFE: abolish memory settings

Fri Nov 19 00:30:56 PST 2010

I hate the options dialog in general :), but one thing that has always
confused the heck out of me is the "memory settings" and I propose that could
be a nice project for someone:

HOW am I supposed to know if 20MB for the LO graphics cache is plenty?
And why should care about the space we want to allocate to a single
graphics object? And even worse, what are the implications of throwing
out these cached objects after 10 minutes? That is too much black magic.

LO should adapt itself to the memory available on the system, and it
should find a sensible cache expiry policy without me having to hardcode
some arbitrary minute number.

Can we do away with those settings and even better replace the
under-the-hood with some sensible adaptive guesses?

Sebastian