[Libreoffice] Git server-side hooks

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Nov 19 04:31:14 PST 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-18 at 08:28 -0500, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> Now that we promote the concept of feature branches, I hope we can
> revert this.

	We should be using 'git merge' unless it is for a purely local branch
that we are rebasing - surely ? at least - encouraging wider use of
re-base is likely to burn time and motivation - that thing simply
doesn't work for complex cases where there have been multiple merges to
a feature branch [ I got -really- burned with Evolution and a long
running branch here ].

	Or did I totally miss the point ? :-)

	Regards,

		Michael.