[Libreoffice] [PUSHED] some cleanup #if 0 deletion

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Mon Nov 22 08:52:01 PST 2010

On Sun, 2010-11-21 at 10:35 +0100, David Tardon wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 11:20:34PM +0100, Pierre-André Jacquod wrote:
> > Hello,
> > was just tired to try reading code like:
> > #if 0
> > 	read a lot here
> > #else
> > 	cool I will be compiled
> > #endif
> >
> > So I started to track it down systematically. Just hope I was not to
> > much aggressive.
> >
> > So I submit for review / proposal this first pack in little chunk. Will
> > be easier to reject some part...
> > regards
> >
> >  ps : really boring to do this
> >
> > #if 1
> >  ps2: never though there are so many places like this
> > #endif
> >

> I left out a couple of hunks that removed (potentially) useful comments
> and a couple of others that removed TODO code. Someone with detailed
> knowledge of calc (hi, Kohei :) should look at these and decide if they
> can still be useful.

What you've skipped look good to me.  FYI I use this

#if 0 //FIXME: Reason for temporary disablement.
..
#else
..
#endif

#if 0
    // TODO: Enable this when (so and so)
#else
..
#endif

style of temporary disablement of code blocks quite frequently.  Some
get forgotten & are safe for removal, while others I'd still like to
keep.  Especially the one disabled in the externalrefmgr.cxx is going to
be re-enabled soon, which you correctly skipped. ;-)

Regards,

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc