[Libreoffice] OSL_DEBUG_LEVEL question

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Mon Nov 22 13:38:31 PST 2010

Hi,

During the summer I used OSL_TRACE() a lot, that basically acted like
printf(), when I used 'build debug=t' and it was a noop when I used
'build'[1].

Recently I wanted to hack something and OSL_TRACE() turned out to be a
noop even when build debug=t was used.
I digged a bit deeper to check what happens and it's clear that
OSL_TRACE() is a noop when 'OSL_DEBUG_LEVEl > 1' is false.

Thus, I guess something changed in build.pl and now debug=t sets
OSL_DEBUG_LEVEL to 1, instead of 2, how we had it. I just checked with
verbose=t that -DOSL_DEBUG_LEVEL=1 is passed.

Does anyone have an idea when (and why) this changed, and what's the new
way of getting the OSL_TRACE() output?

Thanks.

[1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Debug_Levels