[Libreoffice] OSL_DEBUG_LEVEL question

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Mon Nov 22 22:24:49 PST 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 11:33:42PM +0100, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 10:38:31PM +0100, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos at frugalware.org> wrote:
> > Does anyone have an idea when (and why) this changed, and what's the new
> > way of getting the OSL_TRACE() output?
>
> Oh, I guess this is related to David's recent 47d0946 in bootstrap.git.
>
> The attached patch fixes the problem for me - David, OK to push?
>
> Thanks.

Please, don't! The whole purpose of the change was to get more
manageable debugging output by default, i.e., only assertions. You can
see my reasoning in message I sent to the ML last week:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2010-November/002894.html
(for some reason I only see a half of the message there...). The "new"
way to do a full debug build in a module is

build -- debug=t dbglevel=2

or, if you've configured with --enable-debug,

build -- dbglevel=2

D.