[Libreoffice] feature/rip-build-repo - branch for removal of the need of the 'build' repo

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 23:55:33 PST 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 8:48 PM, Kohei Yoshida <kyoshida at novell.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-11-20 at 18:40 -0500, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 10:18 PM, Jan Holesovsky <kendy at suse.cz> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > In case you are interested to try to build without the 'build' repo (the
>> > rawbuild/ way), you can try to get the feature/rip-build-repo branch
>> > which I hope is going to become the 'official' way of building soon ;-)
>>
>> btw, I got it working on MacOS
>
> I built it on Windows too.  The only issue I've encountered is that the
> initial autogen.sh run checks for presence of certain dll files in the
> external module, and it fails because the external module was not there.
> The solution was to run g clone first, then run autogen.sh.

Argh, that is annoying. I managed to hide the git clone and the
./download step into the make
but you can't make before autogen... chicken and egg thing...
Any possibility to postpone these check or only do them if the autogen
option says --with-system for these dll (i'm guessing here), with the
understanding that if you are using the 'built-in' ones they will
pulled in ?