[Libreoffice] HC Cleanup

Joseph Powers jpowers27 at cox.net
Tue Nov 23 05:12:00 PST 2010

On Nov 23, 2010, at 4:54 AM, Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi Joseph,
>
> On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 19:18 -0800, Joseph Powers wrote:
>> While creating the HC Icon set, could you look into the following?
> ..
>> I changed the Windows Only code to match this behavior; however, I don't
>> have access to a Windows build system so the change is 1) un-tested &
>> 2) theoretically correct. Any testing would be great.
>
> 	Cool :-) Hopefullly we'll get our nightly snapshot building working
> soon, and the QA guys can have a bang on it.
>
>> It should now be save to remove all the HC versions of the icons from
>> all sets and start packaging the HC set as it's own theme.
>
> 	Brilliant :-) I believe we're nearly there on that anyway, but no doubt
> some residual cleanup is needed.
>
>> PS: I believe I've removed all the code dealing with loading HC version
>> of Icons. If no-one objects, I'll remove the task from the Easy-Hacks page.
>
> 	Wonderful work ! :-) how does it feel ? - I'm thrilled to have had all
> that crud removed, and please do hack it out of the wiki [ and add any
> other easy tasks you stumbled upon while hacking around here :-]
>
> 	Incidentally - we should prolly do some extra work in our backends to
> allow the default icon theme to be specified per platform, and made to
> match the native theme.

Do you mean something like in: clone/libs-gui/vcl/source/app/settings.cxx

ULONG StyleSettings::GetAutoSymbolsStyle() const
{
    if( bCont )
    {
        if( rDesktopEnvironment.equalsIgnoreAsciiCaseAscii( "gnome" ) ||
            rDesktopEnvironment.equalsIgnoreAsciiCaseAscii( "windows" ) )
            nRet = STYLE_SYMBOLS_TANGO;
        else if( rDesktopEnvironment.equalsIgnoreAsciiCaseAscii( "kde" ) )
            nRet = STYLE_SYMBOLS_CRYSTAL;
        else if( rDesktopEnvironment.equalsIgnoreAsciiCaseAscii( "kde4" ) )
            nRet = STYLE_SYMBOLS_OXYGEN;
    }
}

We already seem to select a per-system default when the icon theme is set to auto.