[Libreoffice] Windows installer: what languages in multi/all_lang? - SDK: Why different version number?

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+ooofuture at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 23 06:55:39 PST 2010

Hi Thorsten, *,

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Thorsten Behrens
<thb at documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>> * What languages does the windows installer contain?
>>   * Which ones are included in multi and which ones in all_lang?
>
> all_lang is built --with-lang=ALL, multi includes the same set as
> you see for Mac.

Referring to Mac is a bad choice, as Mac/PPC and Mac/Intel have
different sets available :-)

>> * Is it correct that help in both packages is only available in English?
>>
> No help currently, we're still busy getting online help setup.
> There'll also be optional offline help packages.

Ah, OK.

>> * Version of the SDK: Why is the version "3.3.0" for Windows, but
>> "315" for all others?
>>
> Gah. My bad. Last minute renaming script gone wrong.

So 315 is correct or 3.3.0?

>> Why does the set of available language packs differ on Mac Intel
>> compared to the others?
>> For example there is no one for as, bn, bo, brx, bs, …
>>
> Packages built by different people, and the minimal requirement to
> have those 50-something languages prepared (see also the windows
> multi-installer above).

Ah, So I can take (for beta3 at least) the difference between Mac
Intel as reference to "multi" (or the difference between Mac intel and
the others as languages that are only in all_lang)

> Also, we're still a bit tight with mirror
> space - but if any l10n team needs additional langpacks, give me a
> shout.

The question was more targeted with regard to (automatically) creating
a download page - first iteration
http://pumbaa.ooodev.org:7780/home/download-and-sub/ - modeled after
the initial one from Stefan
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:StefanW/Download_Selection

While implementing that (by parsing the rsync filelisting instead of
crawling the download site), I noticed the above differences.

ciao
Christian