[Libreoffice] Windows installer: what languages in multi/all_lang? - SDK: Why different version number?

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+ooofuture at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 23 07:07:09 PST 2010

Hi Michael, *,

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at novell.com> wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 14:29 +0100, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>> I ask here:
>>
>> * What languages does the windows installer contain?
>>   * Which ones are included in multi and which ones in all_lang?
>
>        Fridrich ?

It would be nice to have some point of documentation that lists the
included languages, otherwise people have no chance to tell whether
"multi" (that already is huuuge) is enough, or whether they need the
all varian (which is even larger).

I'm sure there are requests already for a basic installer that would
fetch the optional parts from the web during installation.
(languagepacks (including help) for Linux/Mac are about 12 to 20MB.
That would give me a better feeling than downloading 300MB and not
having help...  (140 (english with help) +20 - just half the size)

>> * Is it correct that help in both packages is only available in English?
>
>        I -hope- that we do not ship the English help either; we should be
> pointing at the on-line help instead.

Thanks for clarifying.

>        I -believe- the beta release notes are out of date, and need updating
> on the web page.

To be honest, I didn't look at the current beta notes before asking -
my bad. It currently reads "The help content is not included. " so
that one could have been answered by looking at the current notes..

ciao
Christian