[Libreoffice] HC Cleanup

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Nov 23 07:39:49 PST 2010

Hi Joseph,

On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 05:12 -0800, Joseph Powers wrote:
> Do you mean something like in: clone/libs-gui/vcl/source/app/settings.cxx

	Ah ! yes - exactly :-)

> ULONG StyleSettings::GetAutoSymbolsStyle() const
> {
>     if( bCont )
>     {
>         if( rDesktopEnvironment.equalsIgnoreAsciiCaseAscii( "gnome" ) ||
>             rDesktopEnvironment.equalsIgnoreAsciiCaseAscii( "windows" ) )
>             nRet = STYLE_SYMBOLS_TANGO;

	So - I guess we should whack this into the backend itself, so we can
override it per platform; particularly if there is a high-contrast
setting there already.

>         else if( rDesktopEnvironment.equalsIgnoreAsciiCaseAscii( "kde" ) )
>             nRet = STYLE_SYMBOLS_CRYSTAL;
>         else if( rDesktopEnvironment.equalsIgnoreAsciiCaseAscii( "kde4" ) )
>             nRet = STYLE_SYMBOLS_OXYGEN;

	In particular, OXYGEN or CRYSTAL can be used in GNOME and vv. for Tango
in GNOME I guess.

> We already seem to select a per-system default when the icon theme is set to auto.

	Right; we just need to be slightly more clever here, so we can
auto-detect the high-contrast-ness for those impaired users that need it
shouldn't be much code.

	Many thanks !

		Michael.

PS. I wonder if we could hook a per-theme post-load filter into that
icon loading path to implement 'HighContrast Inverse' in the fullness of
time, and low-contrast too ;-) but perhaps that is just crack-smoking
over-engineering.