[Libreoffice] Tango icon theme leftovers

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Nov 23 10:15:55 PST 2010

Hi there,

On Thu, 2010-11-18 at 10:22 +0100, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> this is a list of 412 icons that are in the tango theme, but not in the
> default_images theme. Some of the are obvious High contrast icons that
> can be killed.

	Right.

>  But what about others? Should I delete those? (I kept the
> .xcb.bz2 and .svg as source files in the tango theme). See the full list
> of files below. Permission to kill, or should they be examined in more
> detail first?

	I suggest we do md5sums on them all; if we have a copy of that icon
already elsewhere - lets just remove it. Hopefully that will shrink the
list, then we need to examine the last bits.

	Sometimes icon names just change at random up-stream, and we do not
keep up. Also, if you consider each icon pair as around three hours of
work - you are not too far off - so loosing them is really bad :-)

> (On the other hand we have 3766 files more in default_images than we
> have in the tango theme.)

	Ah - sure; but the 'real' tango theme is in fact a stack of the tango
icons + industrial icons with the default icons as a fallback.

	It would (perhaps) - since we no longer ship industrial, to flatten
that into tango [ ensuring that tango takes precedence ], and then to
remove the 'industrial' directory from artwork/ entirely.

	HTH,

		Michael.