[Libreoffice] XSLT for flat XML ?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Nov 26 01:51:42 PST 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-26 at 10:05 +0100, David Tardon wrote:
> > 	It would be simply wonderful to re-use the libxslt code (that we
> > already ship) for the XSLT filter. I wonder if you might be interested
..
> I think that's not possible, because some of the filters (like
> WordprocessorML) use XSLT 2.0, which is not supported by libxslt (wasn't
> supported the last time I looked, at least).

	Grief; XSLT is such a disaster area (and google trending below
COBOL) ;-)

>  So either we throw out (or rewrite to XSLT 1.0) all XSLT 2.0
> filters and declare that we only support XSLT 1.0 or we're stuck
> with saxon (and java).

	Sigh; perhaps what we really want is to write the flat-XML stuff in
native C++ - surely it can't be -that- difficult ? /me knows nothing of
the code flow, but the existing XSLT there seems ~trivial.

	Fridrich ? can we turn that into some easy hack ?

	Hmm,

		Michael.